LESSON TWO: QUESTIONS
Preparation: Opening Prayer
Proclamation: Scripture: Revelation 22: 3-5
Last week’s questions: Biretta
CCC: Lesson 1: 1-25; Lesson 2: 1066-1206; 1322-1405; 2586-2589; Lesson 3: see below.
Cross check answers with a partner.
Section 19: Sacred Liturgy p. 133
What is the sacred liturgy?
What is the essence of liturgy?
Is the liturgy primarily ritual?
How important is active participation in the liturgy?
Does a person really have an obligation to participate in the liturgy in order to worship God?
What is included in the sacred liturgy?
What is the liturgy of the hours?
What is the liturgical year? A-I
Section 25: Structure of the Mass, p. 175
What is the origin of the Liturgy of the Word?
What is the structure of the Liturgy of the word?
We speak of God
b. God speaks to us
What is the structure of the Liturgy of the Eucharist?
We give to God
God gives to us
What is the importance of Communion in the Mass?
What is meant by the different roles which are fulfilled in the celebration of the Mass? A-G
6. What is a concelebrated Mass?
Why does the priest wear special vestments at Mass?
Why are the priest’s vestments of different colors?
How does a person prepare for Mass?
Saint’s Life: St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael
Questions: Any topic
Prayer to St. Michael: St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Homework: Read Section 8: Jesus Christ: God-Man. Prepare answers for discussion.
CCC related sections: 260, 422-451, 456-478, 512, 516, 519-560, 601-603, 606-607.
1. Who is the Mother of Jesus?
2. How did the Blessed Virgin become the mother of Jesus?
3. Why did the angel greet Mary, Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you!
R-1: Was Mary without sin?
4. What is meant by the words, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you”?
5. Why was Jesus born of a virgin?
Q-1: Did Mary remain a virgin?
6. Who was St. Joseph?
H-4: Why do Catholics pray to Saints and Angels?
7. Who are the “brothers of Jesus” mentioned in the Bible?
8. What is the story of the birth of Christ?
9. Where did Jesus live most of his life?
10. Why did Jesus spend thirty years in a hidden life?
11. Did Jesus feel and act as other people do?
M-1: Why does the Church teach that Jesus is God?
12. What are some of the incidents in the Gospels which show us the humanity of Jesus?
13. When did Jesus begin his public life?